EEA Qualified Person is a status given to an EEA National who has applied under form QP to demonstrate they hold an immigration status here in the United Kingdom. In order to qualify under EEA Qualified Person you will need to demonstrate to the UK Visas and Immigration that you are ‘ Exercising Free Movement Rights’ in the United Kingdom for more than 3 months continuously.

A ‘Qualified Person’ is defined in Regulation 6  of the EEA Regulations 2016 as a :

  • Job Seeker

  • Worker

  • Self-employed Person.

  • Self-sufficient Person.

  • Student

Currently it is not a legal requirement that ‘EEA qualified persons’ apply for a document confirming a right of residence in the UK. If you want to do so, you may apply for a Registration Certificate.

Basic Requirements

  • You must be able to demonstrate you are an EEA National through a current passport of ID Card.

  • You  must demonstrate that you have been exercising your free movements rights. here in the United Kingdom (i.e. living and working/ studying/ self-sufficiency/ Job seeker/ Self-employed in the UK).

  • One of the key requirements for those who want to show they are exercising their treaty rights as a student or a self-sufficient person is to  have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.


All EEA applications are considered via the postal route only. You are not permitted to apply at the Public Enquiry Office using the same day premium service.

  • There is an administration fee of £65 only required by the Home Office for processing your application, however this may change after Britain leaves the European Union.

  • The application may take up to 6 months to process.

Key Information

  • Once you have held your EEA ‘Qualified Person’ Registration Certificate for 5 continuous years you may be able to apply for a Certificate of Permanent Residency.

  • Permanent Residency  allows you to live and work in the UK without restrictions.

  • Permanent Residency leads to Naturalisation providing you can show you have been exercising your treaty rights for six full years and hold an immigration status here in the UK.

Professional  Fee

A Fixed Fee of £300 to represent you payable on submission of the application to the Home Office. The Fee includes checking the application, documentation & informing you of any developments as they arise. There will be no VAT charged, However, you will be responsible for any Home Office application fees & disbursements regarding the application.